Saturday 24 March 2012

Black Mesa Sector EPF - 4.7

So, I haven't been resting on my laurels - I've been hard at work on the next version of EPF. There are quite a few changes. Every mission has been touched up and tweaked, some have been changed a fair bit, and one other has been completely redone. No mission 5 just yet though. Sorry about that, but the Gold Source limits are ruining my day.

One of the features I'm proudest of is that I've finally got the randomly spawning monsters to work. This worked basically in 4.6, however there was no respawning going on. This is now the case, so as you play the map, every now and then an alien slave will teleport in to keep the spawning area fresh and exciting. There are also some alien 'bosses' who will spawn in, but far less frequently than the slaves.

Some pics below for your entertainment. The first two are of the new area I've added to mission 1. The third is in the security room in mission 1. No special about that, however through the glass you can see the amusing situation I watched thanks to the addition of the spawning aliens.




No comments:

Post a Comment